RACE DAY NEED TO KNOW
There are plenty of items to take note of to ensure a smooth and efficient race for everyone – so hunker down and read this whole post please!
RACE REGISTRATION – make sure you have registered online to be eligible to race. The deadline is 9:00pm on the Monday before Tuesday racing so that we have enough time to prepare for race night. The registration link will change each week, so please use the 2020 SCHEDULE page each week to reference the registration link next to each date. We only post one week at at time. NOTE – You will not receive a confirmation email once the form is submitted.
RACE SCHEDULE – take note of the race schedule ESPECIALLY the check in timeframe. You MUST be checked in by 6:15pm in order for us to have enough time to do final race prep. It might not seem like a big deal to be late but it really throws off the final moto prep if even one person is late. If you are going to be late or can no longer make it – please let us know before 6:15pm!
4:45pm – 5:45pm Setup/Prep and Maintenance start
5:30pm – 6:15pm Rider Check In – Very Important to be within this timeframe!
5:45pm – 6:30pm Warm up with gates
6:30pm – 6:45pm Motos Posted
6:45pm – 7:00pm Rider Staging
7:00pm race start
VOLUNTEER – A little help goes a long way. Some jobs are before the racing and some are after, and some are for officials – they’ll be marked as a Commissaire position. If you want to volunteer – PLEASE SIGN UP ONLINE IN ADVANCE. Note – the volunteer registration link will change each week, use the 2020 SCHEDULE page and reference the link next to each date to Volunteer. We only post one week at at time.
ELIGIBILITY & FORMAT
– If you have a Provincial Racing License through the Saskatchewan Cycling Association or a UCI License, you are eligible to race in a District race at Diamond BMX, even if you are not a Diamond BMX Club member.
– Riders in both the 20″ and Cruiser Class are eligible.
– All riders must register in advance using the online registration form linked about in the Registration section.
WHAT TO BRING
– Bike, full face helmet with visor, proper race clothing, gloves and other race gear
– Race Plate (should stay on your bike) and if you don’t have one yet, your volunteer bond in exchange for one
– Small toolkit with side cutters, multi-tool, wrenches, hex/allen keys….whatever you might need to make sure you can adjust your gear as needed. Some even bring a tire pump which comes in useful!
– TAPE & SHARPIE – this is for writing down moto assignments/lanes for you or your rider
– Chairs if you want to sit down for spectating
– Water & snacks