PRACTICE DAY NEED TO KNOW
If you’re a registered Diamond BMX Member and are ready to start practicing, please join us each Sunday.
1. Check the schedule page first to make sure you are coming at the right time!
2. Make sure you’ve got all the gear and read the following!
Bike! Make sure it has a single hand-brake (no pedal brakes), no pegs, bells, reflectors, chain guards and anything extra on the bike is removed. This helps keep your rider and other riders safe on the track each time.
Helmet – make sure you have a full face helmet for you or your rider. When you are at the track and on your bike, your helmet is on. We like to think of the track area as the space within the perimeter walking path.
Clothing, gloves and shoes
– Motocross Pants & Jersey are recommended however any long sleeve and full leg outfit that is tear resistant will do. No Jeans, Sweats or Windpants – they would all tear and/or melt to skin in the event of a crash.
– Make sure your rider has full fingered gloves. These are a must and riders will not be allowed on the track without them
– Closed toe shoes, preferably flat soled skate style shoe, but shoes that allow you to grip your pedals and are comfortable will work. Laces should be well tied and not hanging loose.
– bring water and a snack
– Small toolbox if you have one (in case there are gear adjustments you need to make)
– Chair for spectating
– Backpack or wagon to haul your stuff out to the track.
Volunteer – please use the form linked next to each date on the schedule page to register for a role on Sundays!
Washrooms – Located at the Prairie Oasis Campground
3. Coaching & Practice Plan – Each Sunday we’ll have coaching available to the best of our ability. Some Sundays will be more about drills and learning and others will be about running gates and race-like practice.
Coaches with Diamond BMX are volunteers. If you’d like to become involved as a coach please let us know!